Choice of plastic surgeon
The policy of each country is different in terms of regulation, training and certification of plastic surgeons. Membership of the International Society of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery means that one operator is certified in their own country.
It is recommended for membership in writing by two members of the company. The applicant plastic surgeon must have at least three years of active practice in his specialty.
If you have decided to undergo aesthetic or plastic surgery, the next step is to make a plastic surgeon choice.
It is important to be aware of:
1. The training and experience your future plastic surgeon has for the desired procedure.
2. The experience of the plastic surgeon in carrying out a wide range of aesthetic and plastic procedures.
3. Membership in the Bulgarian Association of Plastic and Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (BulAPRAS).
4. Membership of the International Society of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
The consultation with the doctor you choose is the first step you need to take to find out how this procedure will achieve optimal improvement of your appearance and image. During the consultation, you should be informed of all the options that are relevant to the specific case.
A consultation should include:
• discussing your goals;
• the possibilities offered by plastic and aesthetic surgery;
• expected results and likely risks;
• details of: taking medicines, using vitamins, substitutes for the base, alcohol, cigarettes and drugs;
• assessing your health status;
• Detailed treatment information and additional procedures if needed.
Aesthetic and plastic surgery, as well as any medical intervention, is associated with relevant risks and potential side effects. The plastic surgeon should explain the possible negative consequences and sign an informed consent for the particular plastic surgery.
Your surgeon will answer all of your questions.
For the success of the procedure and overall satisfaction with it, you must follow exactly the instructions of your surgeon.
It is good for the plastic surgeon to show pictures that show his typical results related to the procedure you would like to do.
In the pre-operative consultation process, share your wishes and expectations and consider the physician’s opinion as to how realistic they are.
The decision to undergo the particular surgical procedure is yours, but in keeping with the real possibilities of plastic surgery and your anatomical features.
During the consultation, you should not have any worries or inconvenience. Your doctor should create an open communication environment to prepare you for the future procedure in the most positive and useful way.