Learn more about rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty – generally means a nose correction. Globally, it is more popular than bust correction. At the Oscars award ceremony, for example, there are definitely more corrected noses than busts. The effect on rhinoplasty is not so sudden, but it is eternal and it hurts less.
Learn more about rhinoplasty and nose surgery!
Aesthetic nose surgery usually involves reducing its size, narrowing or expanding the nostrils, changing the angle between the nose and the upper lip, or correcting a scar. In a nasal operation, a more serious intervention such as a hump removal or a breakthrough reconstruction is involved.
Rhinoplasty can be done for purely aesthetic reasons or for reconstructive purposes – to remove birth defects or breathing problems.
Rhinoplasty is not performed in children, except for acute traumas resulting from accidents and functional disorders – difficulty in breathing, side distortion, etc., with the knowledge and explicit consent of the parents.
The recommended age for rhinoplasty or nasal surgery is 18 years after the growth of facial bones has already been completed. Procedures may be less satisfactory after 40 years of age due to lesser skin elasticity.
Every nose operation is very individual. I recommend it only if there is a good chance of achieving the desired result, which needs to be clarified during the consultation. Then take pictures, computer modeling of the photo material and discuss the details and individual risks.
It is important for the patient to ask all the questions the answer he would like to know. He can do more than one consultation until he / she has an inner conviction and takes a final decision.
It is generally sufficient to know that there are different techniques depending on the initial and the final results; depending on whether the bone or cartilage should be affected, whether it is necessary to reduce the nostrils, cartilage grafting or prosthesis. In the aesthetic operation of the nose, the incision is performed inside the nostrils, thus leaving no visible external features.
Full anesthesia is needed in classical rhinoplasty – plastic surgery of the nose with involvement of the bone structures. Provided that a slight correction is made only on the soft cartilage front of the nose, corrections are possible with local anesthesia.
Nose surgery – what’s important to know?
As far as expectations are concerned, this is one of the most delicate operations because swelling can be considered to have dropped completely after one year and the real effect of the correction can only be noted. 80% swelling usually spreads for 14 days. 90% swelling – after 2 months of rhinoplasty, and the remaining 10% slowly dissipated in a year.
Poor sensitivity at the tip and back of the nose may last about 3 months. The patient is also responsible for keeping his nose from injuries and injuries even during sleep during the first three weeks after surgery.
The individual features and type of surgery – rhinoplasty, nasal surgery – should be best specified on the spot.